Saturday, August 8, 2009

Deep run in 50/50



The real story and lesson here isn't how I couldn't finish this one out, but that you should never give up. I never got any playable cards from the time we were down to about 4 tables, and was pretty much the shorty the entire way till I busted. I finally got pocket 8's and decided to go over the top of the original raiser, only to be showned Jacks. It was a no brainer for me, I was down 10 BB's and had to take chances. In fact, I had maintained life by pushing the likes of 83, q7, T3 & 22, getting called and doubling up. So I was on borrowed time.

But enough about me, that's not where the lesson I'm referring to resides. Check out this hand:



So this player CERMS after this hand, being at the 2k/4k with 500 ante level, was left with less than 1 BB.

Now take a look at the final results again above. Yup, he finished 4th, for a very cool payout of about 4K. Of course he was aided by going on the run of his life, in fact, the very next hand he was all in, and managed to triple up with KJ, and then doubled up the next hand after that winning a flip. Of course he was lucky, but we all know luck does play a part, and he rode that all the way to a nice pay day, after being down to the felt.

A great reminder to never give up! no matter how bleak it looks.

2BA

No comments: