Monday, March 15, 2010

Huge Score!

Well, it must be something about taking breaks, because when I do, I seem to have pretty good success when I come back. I had a family matter that I had to deal with, and hence had not played any tournaments since about a week ago. I finally did get to play last night, and actually had a few small cashes on FullTilt.

Today, I wanted to play all the Mini FTOPS, and a few other tournaments including the 750K. Well, my day on FT did not go all well, in fact, I was pretty disgusted with some of the beats that were handed to me. So on a sheer whim, I fired up my Pokerstars client, and I had exactly $120 bucks in the account. I saw there was an 80K guaranteed that had started, but apparently even though the tournament had been going some 30+ minutes, late registration was still open...and I joined. Holy smokes, what a freaking good call that was!!!!

Behold, my largest ever online tournament victory:



I'll see if I can muster up some of the final table action tomorrow to post on the blog, but suffice it to say for now, that I played a pretty fantastic final table, and thankfully, when I did have to put it all in the middle, the poker gods smiled nicely for a very pleasant change.

The rush that comes from taking one of these down is second to none, and is why I love to play tournament poker. It almost makes you forget all the bad beats, that in the past, have been what has prevented this kind of victory.

To steal a quote I once heard from Tommy Lasorda....How sweet it is, the fruits of victory!

2BA

16 comments:

nzgreen said...

Nice one! I'm sure if you ran to expectation all the time you'd be taking them down left, right and centre.

BamBam said...

Guess the cat's out of the bag now, huh luna?

;)

Congrats my friend. Nice to see you with a big one in the 'W' column.

Javier Carrasco B. said...

Congrats 2BA!, you deserve it.
Without a doubt you are one of the top online tournaments players.
Regards,
Javier.

DrChako said...

Nice hit.

-DrC

BLAARGH! said...

Nice one 2BA!

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

AWESOME SCORE bro!! WTG Congrats!!

Schaubs said...

It was only a matter of when, not if.

Great job.

Shrike said...

I can't say I'm surprised. Well done.

-PL

Rex55 said...

Sickly Sweet Score for a Sweetly Sick Player. Congrats!!! <3

CEMfromMD said...

Fantastic Job. I knew it was just a matter of time!

smokkee said...

AWESOME !

lightning36 said...

Like others have said, it was just a matter of time. Good to see that the poker gods let you use your skill and didn't block your way.

Big congrats! Well deserved win for a superior player.

Jeremy said...

Awesome job! When are training videos come out? Hopefully I can have the same title to a post soon.

DeRustZelve said...

Excellent work!
Nice and congratulations

PokahDave said...

Wow...I missed this...CONGRATS to you. The TBATrain keeps a chuggin'....

jjok said...

niiiice.

well done sir.