Thursday, March 3, 2011

32K Final Table














A funny story on my way to this 3rd place finish.....About 30 min after the start of the tournament, I was reading about the IPAD 2 coming out next week. Apple has gone over the top again, and improved on an already great device. I held out from buying the original purposely, and after seeing the announcement, I started looking around to see what apps where out there which would allow me to remote into my desktop from the IPAD to play poker.

So I read some posts on 2+2, and decide to download Teamviewer, since the comments were good, works over both wifi and 3g, and it's free! I install it on my desktop and then install the client on my Iphone. Literally took 5 min to setup, and bingo bango, I have control of my desktop from my Iphone. Of course on the Ipad, this will be even better for obvious reasons.

So I wander out to show Mrs 2BA, and low and behold I get KK.....now prior to this, I had already played (mostly folded) about a dozen hands or so from the Iphone. I had also made some raises, and had got the general jist of using the Teamviewer app. However, on this hand, I accidentally folded, but 2 other guys got it all in, and one of them had the other KK, and the 3rd guy had AA. So there you go...funny how things tend to work out. A few hands after that one, I got KK again, still playing on the Iphone, and had better results as I was able to double up.

I suppose I can 'afford' that Ipad2 now! Lock it up!

2BA


5 comments:

Mike Heffner said...

TBS, if this isn't the greatest thing EVAR. I'm not sure what is. Obv you have to keep the iPhone/iPad and host computer awake, right?

Mike Heffner said...

TBA, god I hate typos.

Fred aka TwoBlackAces said...

Hey Mike....yes, host computer must stay active, so if your going away, you would need to leave the TV client up, make note of your user/password which it provides, and then change the system settings to prevent it from going into sleep mode.

PokahDave said...

TeamViewer is the best. I used to be able to start a tourney at work on my home PC and then commute home or play from work. Booo to getting the TeamViewer port locked on the firewall though. That happened just recently but it does find its way through any setup automatically...

Jordan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.