Monday, March 21, 2011

#45

If your a tournament poker player, Sunday's are your 'holy day'. Between Stars and Tilt, you have so many excellent big guarantee tournaments, and lot's of possibilities to have a big payday, for small buy-ins. The $26 dollar tourney's on FullTilt get some huge fields, and from what I hear, Double Guarantee's are back starting next week, which will keep the tournament prize pools on the rise.

I played a bunch yesterday, and was happy to satellite into a couple of entries for the MiniFtops main event, which drew some bazillion players, where the winner was going to get almost 500K for their $75 investment. Not bad at all....I saw the tournament ended this morning, as I expected with that many people in it. I managed one cash, which combined with the satty's, made almost break even for the ME. I played a bunch of other tournaments, including the KO MiniFtops, but got KO'd early when some RONnie moved in from the BB for like 60 BB's, after i 3x from SB. I had AA, so I'm not folding EVER, and he had AQ...a pretty nice position to be in, unless of course #45 puts a bazillion Q's on the board. Fucker made quads, and that was that.
Then one of my entries in the ME got it all in for a monsterpotten, again SB vs BB, where I had A9, and he had 98. The preflop action was a min-raise from me, and a flat from him. Flop comes A9x....and of course this genius decides top pair crap kicker is good, and so all the money goes in (I checked, he bet, I 3 bet and he shoved), and #45 dishes out 88 on turn and river. Fucker! I suppose I could have folded Top Two, but in that spot, against that RONnie, it wasn't going to happen. Plus I still had my other entries still in the tournament...but nevertheless...geez!

This crap however went on for my other tournaments entries as well, so of course I had to have a heart to heart with #45 about all this silliness. So of course, in his sense of fair play, he decides to 'even things out', during the evening's blogger Survivor tournament:















This was not a pretty win folks....but of course you all know that already. If only I had that heart to heart with that fucker at the start of the day!

2BA

No comments: