Sunday, December 13, 2009

This one stung



I will go over the last 3 tables hand history, and review some of my hand decision, which I'm sure I most certainly did make some wrong decisions. But I just can't believe my luck when it matters as I've blogged in the past.

With 3 tables remaining I get AA (red ones no less), and I'm sitting on about 1.8M. A 800K stack shoves, I shove and he shows me A7 off. The board goes runner's on the Turn & River to fill the gutter formed on the Turn. I counted my chickens before they hatched and got burned, as I looked real quick where that 'win' would put me (2nd).

I didn't once glance however at the payouts. I didn't want that to influence any of my decisions. When we finally hit the Final Table bubble, I had a little over 3M but was the short stack. But my real misfortune came when the software moved me when we got to 10, to balance tables, and placed me to the immediate right of the two largest stack, one had 13M the other 9M.

That really sucked, since for about the next few orbits, I didn't get a hand better than 7 high. That is no joke. In fact, I was dealt 62 4 hands straight at one point. That forced me to bluff raise all in to just stay afloat at least once every few orbits.

In the end, I got what was the best hand I had recieved since being moved to that last table, K9. I shoved, and the SB woke up with 99 and that was it as I couldn't hit.

I was into this tournament for a whopping 20 bucks. I had signed in late, and only noticed late registration on a whim, as I happen to see the announcement in the chat as I was playing a heads up sit n go.

Still stinging a bit this morning, but I'll get over it.

2BA

3 comments:

NYRambler said...

nice run! how much was it for, at least 1k right?

Tycou said...

it may sting, but it was probably still a nice cash

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Really an incredible run you've been on man. You will be winning these things consistently in no time I would guess.