Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WTF???







What a nice way to treat not only a long time regular, but also a Black card member!

WTF???

Update: My account has been restored. They had suspended my account for 'my protection against possible fraudulent attempts to access my account'. So the short story is that I play poker on 2 computers. One is a desktop, and the other is my new MacBook Pro. I usually log off the client on my desktop, but yesterday, I forgot, and put the computer in suspend mode. While playing on my Mac, my desktop woke up, probably my daughter moved the mouse in my office, which is all it would take, and since the FT client was already open, it tried to log in. Of course the client on the Mac detected this, and prompted me that another system was trying to logon to my account. I quickly realized it was the desktop, and clicked on "Deny". You would think that would kill the other client, but it doesn't. Instead, every few minutes, I was getting a pop up, telling me the same thing, and I kept on just clicking on Deny. It was 10 min or so until the break in the tournament I was playing in, so figured I kill the desktop client then, given that FT's 'Deny' wasn't doing what it should have done. I explained this to their "Black Card Customer service" and they replied fairly quickly, re-enabling my account, and giving me the 'better safe than sorry' spiel. I guess I can appreciate that, but it would have been nice if their software worked in the first place. I noted that in my reply to them, and they have forwarded it to their development team. Funny, that their detection overlooked the 2nd computer was on the same network...the same detection which in fact does sense when more than one computer on the same network is trying to register to the same non-private tournament with different accounts.

2BA

3 comments:

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Wow man, what on earth is that about???? Is it still letting you play in cash games (as the message would suggest, by implication only though), or are you shut out from the site entirely? I can only guess this is due to some kind of allegation of cheating, collusion, multi accounting or something similar. What a joke -- please do keep us apprised of what happened.

OhCaptain said...

It's the last part that's odd. It would detect that each client was on the same router by the fact they share the same IP, that's how they do the tournaments. Probably code written in two different departments, but it would be nice if they had one guy/group overlooking all security designs.

Fred aka TwoBlackAces said...

Captain, it's details like that which make me wonder sometimes about the dev team behind this app. I have sent numerous bugs to them, most small but annoying over the years. I may just have to apply myself! lol!