Friday, December 21, 2007

TOC

Congratulations to Jec for taking down the BBT2 Tournament of Champions, and earning the 1st prize Aussie Millions package!

I think he manifested the #1 quality of winning tournament poker player. Patience.

We were seated at the same table for most of the tournament. He plays a tight game, peppered by very well timed moves. He played the short stack as good as I've ever seen anyone play it. I mean, I didn't track it, but he was the 'on the morphine drip' for 2/3rd's of the tournament, basically just waiting and picking his spots treading water....'just hanging around'. Even when it got 3 handed, he was still the shorty, and was able to prevail. I think without a doubt he was the MVP of this tournament series, and very fitting that he emerged as the champion. So good luck, congrats, and have a great time down under!

As for me, I went out first at the final table. I was the shorty going in, and had to make a move quickly. On my bustout hand, I moved in after Lucko raised, and he called me with K3 vs my AQ. A 3 on the board and that was that.

All in all, I had a great time playing with the poker bloggers, and hope to play many more times with them all in the future.

2BA

1 comment:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

I look forward to seeing you in the future BBT series!