Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back again...sorta

My vacation doesn't officially end until Sunday, but I'm certainly winding down. Am back to playing on a somewhat regular basis this week, while trying to get caught up on the happenings on the blogs, & at the WSOP.

If you don't already know, the blogger's at the WSOP have been making noise! I still have much catching up to do, but so far, Sprstoner took 3rd in Event #13, for over 200k, LJ took 10th in Event#31, CK took her BBT4 winning seat and placed 39th in Event #25 and cashed in Omaha 8, and JamyHawk scored when his friend actually won Event#28 for over 630K!

Thats a pretty good showing, and hopefully there will be more to come. I got lazy, and decided not to go to Vegas, although I will still try and see if with my remaining FT freerolls, I can win a seat to the ME.

I played a few tournaments yesterday, and actually made deep runs in several. The most significant being the 50/50:



My bustout hand came at the hands of the ole River:



Obviously, if I win that hand, I have a great chance at making a run at the win. I went through the entire HH of this tournament this morning, because as I reviewed the tournament in my mind, it occured to me that I never got dealt any premium pocket pairs. Sure enough, it was true. I was dealt, 388 hands, and no AA/KK/QQ/JJ. I did get AK (my nemesis hand) 5 times, and surprisingly, they held every time! now thats a freaking rarity!

Again, my congrats to all the bloggers who have scored at the WSOP, and much luck to all that are still making the trek in future weeks.

2BA

No comments: