Saturday, June 20, 2009

Post 4K wrapup

Here is the hand that really crippled me:


The check min-raise on the flop, againt most players, is definitely a red flag. But this guy was soooooooooo bad, I didn't really know what to make of it. To this point, the guy was calling and had not folded a single hand pre-flop, and we were maybe 20 hands in, plus I had disposed of my semi-final opponent pretty quickly, and was able to observe his play in his semi final match. The guy wanted to see every single flop....regardless of position, or if the pot was raised or not. I figured he had something, and of course you have to consider he may have flopped the flush, but nevertheless, I had hit the flop as well, and figured my only two options were fold or push.

Then of course, I get the 'crap' in the chat:

"ChansBoy: ship it baaaby"

Well, I got the last laugh on him obviously......funny thing is that after he had crippled me, he started folding! LOL!!!! We went about another 10 hands, were it folded back and forth, so he really did me a huge favor, given I would have been forced to play rags, but of course, he couldn't figure out the proper play given his big stack. Fine by me.

So after those 10 hands, I start the comeback here:



Then, after another 8 or 9 hands, still folding on his part, this hand got me back a bunch of chips:



He then, retakes the lead on this hand:



I really hated paying him off there, but again, given how bad he was, I felt there was a good chance I had the best hand.

Then I get my one and only needed break from the poker gods, however, it did cost me a mouse, and I think Mrs 2BA spilled her cocktail, given how she yelled back at me and all....in fairness, she was watching some documentary involving ghosts/supernatural crossover's from the dead, so when I flung the mouse, she being into the show, got pretty spooked and almost fell off the couch....sorry honey! :-)



I mean what can I say, this hand was pretty bad...so what? wtf was he doing there with T2? does he think he's Doyle fucking Brunson or something???? haha

So I dwindle a bit, having been giving this huge 'pass', and I rope him good here:



Again, this was standard, any 2 will do. Here's the final hand:



So he 3 bets me preflop, but with this guy, that meant squat to me. However, I called, to see what the flop would bring. I was first to act, and I liked the flop, figuring my equity against his range was pretty good. Given the size of the pot already, I figured shoving was my best option, and unfortunately, he actually had a hand finally, but it was a flip, more or less, and I came out on top.

Ship it baaaby!!!!!!

2BA

2 comments: