Monday, June 1, 2009

40K WSOP & BBT4 ends

This is the final hand from the WSOP 40K event, as reported by Change100 from Pokernews.com:

Vitaly Lunkin has the button. He limps in and Haxton raises an additional 600,000. Lunkin makes the call. 
The flop is {Q-Diamonds} {10-Diamonds} {8-Diamonds}. Haxton leads out for 1,200,000, Lunkin moves all in and Haxton calls all in for 5,635,000. 

Haxton 
{3-Diamonds} {8-Clubs} 
Lunkin 
{A-Spades} {A-Hearts} 

The turn is the 
{7-Clubs}, no help for Haxton, who needs a diamond, an eight or a three to keep his bracelet hopes alive. The river, though, is the {K-Spades} and Vitaly Lunkin wins the tournament, his friends rushing the table to embrace him. They wrap Lunkin in a Russian flag as they celebrate. 

Haxton earns $1,168,566 for his runner-up finish while Lunkin takes home $1,891,012 and his second WSOP bracelet.

On the line is a prestigious WSOP Bracelet, about 600K diff between 1st and 2nd, huge bragging rights about besting the toughest field in a 40K buy in WSOP event.....and what does Mr Haxton go down in flames with???  THE CANADIAN HAMMER!  LOL!!!

Heads up play has a very interesting meta game, and every MTT obviously forces you to play HU, if your lucky enough to get to end.  I think however, it's a part of the game that many think they 'know' how to play, yet many actualy don't know as much as they think.  

I love it when I'm playing a guy HU, and he's raising every button...well, basically because that's what your suppose to do HU, right?  he see's Doyle doing it, so it must be the correct way to play.  Oh well, I just got a chuckle out of Haxton playing the 83 I suppose more than anything....I don't know what the flow of the game had been, or how aggresive these guys were, so I'm not being as critical as I am being entertained by the situation.

I played the last 2 events of the BBT4 yesterday, and fizzled out.  Yesterday's theme very appropriately followed the theme of my entire play in the BBT4.  Namely, my big hands didn't hold up when they mattered.  I was going to back an epic bad beat post, on how I was bounced from each event I played, but it's water under the bridge.  

My congrats and felicitations to all the TOC winners, 2k WSOP monthly winners, leaderboard money winners, and my sincerest best of luck in the TOC.  

And of course, a Big Thank You to Mr Alcanthang for putting this together, and best of luck to you in the TOC. 

2BA


No comments: