Wednesday, April 13, 2011

PMI Update #3

......check out the latest email from Fulltilt:

Hello Fred,

Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Black Card Support,

Allow me to assure you that Full Tilt Poker did not initiate or authorize the processing of this PMI transaction. Please also be assured that there has been no compromise of any of your personal details or banking information.

Unfortunately, we have recently been made aware of a technical error on the part of one of our previous banking partners. After a thorough investigation, we have learned that this bank had erroneously and incorrectly billed a batch of transactions that originated from Full Tilt deposits made in July of 2010. This bank had inadvertently submitted these payments to a processor known as PMI. However, PMI has never been authorized to handle FTP customers.

We have since been assured that any accounts that were erroneously charged by PMI will be refunded. If you have not been refunded for any transactions billed by PMI, we kindly request a copy of a bank statement showing these charges so we can investigate further.

Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us.

Regards,

Andrew
Full Tilt Poker Black Card Support


I am pretty shocked that their legal dept has authorized this communication. If PMI was never authorized to process transactions, then it follows logically that my personal information - specifically my banking information - is absolutely not secure. And neither is yours.

If this was a technical issue, then why the same recurring error 4 months in a row???

But here's the million dollar question.....since they now know this was an issue, have any of you out there receive an email from Fulltilt notifying you of this issue, and asking you to check your bank accts? Wouldn't that be the right thing to do here?

To date, from what I've read on the forums, all the impacted players (who have noticed) have had to take the initiative to get their money back....there has been no refund made to anyone who hasn't put in a claim.

2BA


3 comments:

Andrew said...

That is a rather cryptic email the way it is worded, and your conclusions are definitely warranted. Now I'm feeling a bit nervous about FT myself!

OhCaptain said...

Glad I balance my checkbook a few times a week. I know. I'm weird.

Jestocost said...

I guess the legal department would approve it because Full Tilt's transactions are illegal under U.S. law to begin with and they aren't subject to any of our consumer protection laws. Any actual risk of punishment by the Feds is borne by their payment processing partners, so what does FTP have to lose?

I have a DEPOSIT to FTP that I made back in December that still hasn't hit my account, so their payment processing problems are multifold.