Monday, April 11, 2011

PMI Update

I finally got a hold of this company calling the 8888758035 number. Miraculously, they had already 'flagged' my account, and was sitting with their Risk group. She put me on hold, and when she came back, she said that the 3 charges had been erroneously process. And that the credit's had already been processed, and should hit my bank within the next 3 days.

Sounds like great news, but the reality is after reading 2+2, is that others had the same experience. I've also seen posts where impacted folks have indeed been credited by PMI.
I should know in the next few days if I get mine as well.

What a great scam. And the way I see it, Fulltilt is and should be held accountable. How else did PMI get our 'secure' info? and up until now, they are pulling a Poncius Pilate. Not cool and unacceptable.

Bottom line is, that anyone who was charged by these people, will have to call them, or their bank in order to get this reversed. So anyone who doesn't, most likely because they are not aware, will be screwed. Everyone should always be auditing their accounts, but the reality is that most don't. And of course, this crooked payment processor, will pocket that cash.

Spread the word.

2BA

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

good to hear.

lightning36 said...

Thanks, Fred. I checked my account after reading your posts yesterday and everything is okay ... as of now.

This is the kind of problem that can seriously harm online poker. Thanks for alerting us.