Sunday, August 24, 2008

Final Tabled the 32K



The last two poker playing days leading into the 32K, could be described best by 3 words.

Bad Beat Central.

The Doom switch was alive and well my friends. I could go and post to you the absolutely ridiculous beats, but since you all know how it's like, I'll spare you.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm mainly playing cash games lately, but on weekends, will still try and hit some of my favorite tournaments when possible. The 32K has always been a 'can't miss' for me, but since my day job responsibilities have grown, I am not able to play it during the week. Last night's tournament was relatively uneventful. I managed to somehow avoid the usual coolers, although in the foreground of my mind was how awful I was running, and that the Doom switch was still locked in the ON position.

However, after this hand, which took a really bad turn (pun intended), I thought maybe the tide was turning:



That hand put me in good shape, and was able to use my stack effectively, all the way to the final table. Unfortunately, my bust out hand reminded me of exactly how things had been going:



Funny thing is that as the cards are coming out, my mind is only processing how it is that my opponent will beat me. Byproduct of when the cards are running cold. Didn't even notice I made trips on the turn, which if ever there was a time I didn't want to make trips, this was it, given the outcome.

All in all, I'm happy that these last few days of Bad Beat Central, were made up for with this finished and then some.

Many thanks to all who stopped by and wish me well, especially the red-hot LJ, who I see FT'd the Fiddy again last night, on the heels of winning it the night before!

2BA

2 comments:

jjok said...

very nice....grats!

RaisingCayne said...

Nice! Congrats on the finish.