Monday, August 4, 2008

Taking a Shot

So as you saw in my previous post, it was a good weekend at the cash games. So I decided last night to take some of the profit, and take a shot at a $5/$10 game. I used Fuel's Tip regarding Table Finder, and found a table that was playing pretty loose. So my approach was to play tight, wait on some quality hands and take it from there. Well, as can happen in any session, I didn't really get any cards. The best was AQ twice, and I had to lay that down both times post flop. I was able to make some plays from late position, and was up a small amount. I did have this, one big hand:

Table is very loose, and I'm sitting on the button. BB and I both had about $1170 stacks.

Villian is BB. He's $1/$2 regular, also taking a shot? don't know, but his stats are very laggy. CO open limps for $10, I call OTB with 66. SB folds, and BB raises to $99. CO folds, I flat call. (Yeah/Nay on flat call? what range are you putting him on?)

Flop is 7J5 all clubs. BB leads for about half the pot ($125).

What's your move? at this point, pot has $348...BB has $950 behind after his lead. One of my 6's was a club.

2BA

1 comment:

RaisingCayne said...

My move here would be to fold, (but that might have to do with the fact that $5/$10NL is WAY above my bankroll and comfort level... as I also probably vote nay on the preflop call too.)

But since you refer to this hand as a big hand from your session, I think it's safe to assume you didn't fold here. I'll look forward to the rest of the deets...