Tuesday, December 16, 2008

1 Yr Anniversary and 21K Recap

Today marks the first anniversary for TwoBlackAces Casual Poker Player.  Time flies when your having fun, and poker is definitely a fun hobby to have.  My blog to me is a chronological journal, which documents some key accomplishments, and of course the frustrations that come along with this great game.  I thank all of you that stop by, and your comments are always welcome and appreciated it.  

Now for the 21k recap.  The tournament is one of my fav's to play, and I'll usually buy-in before I leave for work, along with the 32K, which is the other tournament I try and play regularly.  

My first key hand, was one where I got lucky on the river.  I pretty much knew I was screwed when I raised the turn with trip Q's, and the 1st guy flat called.  However, I filled up on the river, and my opponent used his entire timebank and finally made a loud crying call:



This hand got me over 30k mark.....



This hand put me shy of 60K...amazingly, the 3 outer didn't hit....a sign that good things might happen for me:



I had dwindel down to 46K, and shoved preflop with Jacks, and doubled up:



If there is one flip that I always seem to lose in key situations late in tournaments, always involves Big Slick.  Don't matter which side I'm on either...Big Slick would be a huge player, all the way to the end....So here was the first encounter..... not that I wasn't playing the 8's, just holding my breath:



And a few hands later, again Big Slick was my opponent...I saw the A before I saw the J too....and still had to sweat the river:



To Hontis credit, he came back, and as you'll see, would be my final opponent.  My confrontations with Big Slick continued, and on this hand BS finally got me:



Here was the chip counts to start the final table:

Seat 1: hooshie (1,278,952)
Seat 2: twoblackaces (276,599)
Seat 3: lopt (185,605)
Seat 4: blanks plz (242,309)
Seat 5: LadyChablis (277,957)
Seat 6: KA1SERfknS0ZE (197,250)
Seat 7: ikszoorn (281,910)
Seat 8: fuddebuf (133,100)
Seat 9: Hontis (228,318)

Hooshie was on a heater, and busted half the table.  I took this shot when we were 4 handed, he had a monster lead:



When it got 3 handed, I was the shorty:

Seat 1: hooshie (2,065,218)
Seat 2: twoblackaces (358,917)
Seat 9: Hontis (677,865)

This is when 'luckbox' mode kicked in.  Hey, it's a numbers game at the end of the day.  At some point, you got to be on the good side of the suckouts:





I finally bust the once monster chip leader on this hand:



At one point during Heads Up, he had me down:

Seat 2: twoblackaces (805,234)
Seat 9: Hontis (2,296,766)

He had me at a 2:1 deficit, until this hand gave it to me for good:



And then I just leaned on him, until the final hand:



Nice way to celebrate my 1 yr blog anniversary! 

2BA

7 comments:

Bayne_S said...

Grats

lj said...

nice job!!

Anonymous said...

Very Nice, congrats on the win and 1 yr!

OhCaptain said...

Congrats and happy blogaversary!

Unknown said...

Congrats 2BA!

Chad C said...

Very nice score!

jamyhawk said...

Congrats!

Nice recap. Well done!