Sunday, December 21, 2008

Final Tabled the Fiddy



Turbo's rule!  Thsi is a crazy tourney, with the blinds going up every 5min, forces a ton of action.  All kinds of crazy hands get played, and the suckouts are huge!  

Case in point, the guy who won the tournament yanked a 1 outer on the bubble just to stay alive, and then on the final table bubble, he was down to about 12k, called time, waited and watch another guy bust out on my table, before he folded to a re-raise (he had opened), I suppose just to say he got to the final table.  Then on the 1st hand, I had AK Sooted UTG, shoved my 40k stack, got call my this same guy with some small pair, which held up, and obv rode that to victory.  I was in the BB the very next hand, and with the blinds at some huge level along with the ante's, over half my stack was in the pot preflop, so I was forced to go with my hand, hoping I had a couple of live cards, but unfortunately he had aces, and I was out first.  

Part of the reason I played the Fiddy, was because I was super-pissed at myself, having just blown a 200+k stack in the 32K.  I didn't screen shoot it, but I came in about 16th or 17th in the 32K, but the way that i busted out was just 'disgusting'.  Here's the hand, which without context, appears to be played about as bad as it can be played:



I decided to call preflop with the sooted connectors, and evaluate on the flop, given this guy was opening from UTG+1, and his play had been fairly standard.  After the flop came out, my piece of crap Vista laptop decided to kick in to the auto-backup mode.  So it starts to go into intense hard drive reading mode, or whatever it does, and my controls froze.  So I time out and my hand checked.  I wanted to go ahead and shove that flop obv, but instead, had to decide whether or not call or fold his shove!.  In the meantime, I was turbo clicking the 'Im Back", and got a click in, so I wasn't folded.  Now I wish it would have, since in some retarded manner, in the 'confusion' of what was going on with the laptop, I managed to click the call button.  Argh!  

I swear the next laptop I'm buying will be a Mac. Windows is crap...always has been, always will be.  

2BA



2 comments:

JD Schellnutt said...

I have had the same problem with my laptop (vista). Enough to make the Pope cuss. Keep the run going while you are hot!

Unknown said...

Your operating system (Windows) has nothing to do with the hardware (laptop).

just saying...


I use UNIX (i.e., Apple, Linux) and Windows all the time...all of them have their issues. The best recommendation is loading your OS lite. My most stable system is actually Vista...very impressed with its performance tha last 6 months or so... But that's a whole post on its own.