Monday, April 6, 2009

Another SNG win

This one turned on this hand, where I did get lucky, but certainly was surprised that he made the call, given his holdings, the board, and my range:



I was able to cruise to the final table, and when we got heads up, I was down 4.5 to 1 to the chipleader.  He is a very very good aggressive player, and I was actually very surprised at how he played heads up.  Basically, he was shoving every button pre-flop, and continued to do this even after I finally called one of his all-ins, won, and got back to even in chips.  I thought then, he settle into a good HU match, but no, he continued to just shove.  Makes it irritating, but I was very proud that I didn't get that 'antsy' feeling I get sometimes, and patiently waited.  Now I was also raising my buttons, not all in, and interestingly, he only shoved a couple of my button raises, and folded the rest.  I even started min-raising, and he was still folding.  Not making any adjustments/changes from a player I know to be an excellent player, really had me baffeled.  

Then it dawned on me....he was probably drunk!   lol



In other news, I'm still managing to do absolutely nothing in the BBT.  Last night, I went through a period where I didn't even realize I was sitting out.  Dangers of playing on a laptop I suppose.    

2BA

No comments: