Monday, April 6, 2009

DQB-ville & Sunday wrap up


Yesterday, I visited DQB-ville.  Besides these hands, there were 3 other were I folded the case card prelop, else I would have had 6 DQB's....too bad I couldn't parlay any of these into some significant momentum:





As you can see, the last one was from the Brit Blogger game, where I was off to a good start, bu imploded with 18 or so left.  

In Goats Bad Bankroll tourney, I was busted by Hoy, so he earns the bounty I put up.  IIRC, I raised AJ OTB, and he woke up with AK in the SB.  Don't recall the action, but we did go to the river, where an ace fell, and I wound up calling after he led out for what-ever I had left.  Wasn't much, and probably could have got away from it, but oh well.  Congrats to Buddy, as I saw that he took it down.  

I played a bunch of tournies yesterday, but I only managed to cash in the 750K too, which is ok, but certainly not the goal.  

With all the yak going on about Pokerstars SCOOP, I decided to check it out.  I had like 30 bucks on Stars, so I played some juiced up 2.20 turbo, and managed to win a seat into the $33 - mid level event yesterday.  And damn-it, I really freaking liked it!  I hate that!  I swore of stars a long time ago, for many reasons, but I really enjoyed the 10K starting chips, and I thought the structure was very decent.  Of course, there was ALOT of players, but in the end, some lucky fuck was getting a prize north of $50k for a $33 investment.  Not bad.  Despite the great structure, I busted fairly early as I re-raised large on a draw heavy board, holding middle set.  I was re-raised all-in by a guy holding top pair and a gutter.  Yuk - then I remember why I really hate Stars!  Some things never change!

2BA

No comments: