Monday, May 11, 2009

"Satty'sfying weekend

I played a couple of Sattelites this past weekend, which yielded some good results.  Saturday night is the usual FullTilt points 2500 Sattelite, which for this past weekend, it was for entry into the FTOPS Event #10.  They got a few thousand runners, and in the end I was able to get my seat.

The tournament itself sadly didn't have a good finish.  I was sent to the rail when my AK couldn't outrun the mighty KQ, with about 1200 runners remaining.  Of course, we all know that story all too well.  

About a month ago, I had signed up for the $200K Stimulus qualifier, which was giving 80 seats to WSOP Event #4.  The prize amount was $2.5k, $1k entry and $1.5k for expenses.  

This was the pivotal hand for me, nice to have one go my way for a change:


Which led to:





So that's cool, although I don't know if I can actually make it.  This event starts 5/30, and frankly don't know if I can move my schedule to play, it's suppose to be a 4 day event.  We shall see, but at this point it's not likely.  Part of the problem is that I'm not as excited as I thought I would be.  Pretty strange, given that a few years back I would have probably been doing back flips.  Maybe if I win a ME seat, that will change.  

2BA

5 comments:

BamBam said...

Is it just me, or are you the "quad-master?"

:)

Congrats Fred. Well done.

jjok said...

I find myself constantly saying "good job" and "congrats" to you.

So this time, I'll just be more honest. Fuck you for being better than me.

and grats. ;)

Jeremy said...

Nice one. Congrats.

smokkee said...

nice!

Shrike said...

I echo all of the above.

-PL