Monday, May 4, 2009

Sunday Sunday

I played a bunch of tournies yesterday, and overall, I came out ahead.  No big score, but many opportunities which are now water under the bridge, whatever the hec that means.

I managed to make it deep in the 750K, which as you all know, is pretty much the tournament I'd like to someday win.  But even after all the tournament experience's, and lessons learned, it's amazing how I make retarded calls, justifying it in the moment as 'a good spot', only to regret it seconds after clicking the CALL button.  

In this case, I was short, but it was not a good spot.  I had about 20 bets, and didn't need to push this action, ESPECIALLY since the BB is a very good known MTT player, and the guy next to be had already flatted my raise.  Basically I raised 2.5, Urban flats, and BB shoves, making it look like your typical squeeze.  But part of the success of the squeeze, is to squeeze when you have the goods, in which case the play works even better.  I considered all of this before I called too! Such a dumb fuck!


Of course my friend behind the curtain couldn't give me one of my 3 outs, like he seems to give out liberally to every Tom, Dick and Harry in similar spots with ace-rag hands, and I was out for the count.  

That pretty much set the stage for my final tourny of the evening, the 35K.  Down to probably around 50 or so (can't really recall), I had a 50K stack.  I wound up trying to resteal a min raiser on the button with 66 (I was BB), only to be shown, what else but Ace-Rag, and our aforementioned friend gave this dude a billion aces on the flop, and off to bed I went.  

2BA

2 comments:

BamBam said...

Your friend behind the curtain, could he be one of these guys?

http://bam-baminbedrock.blogspot.com/2008/02/because-inquiring-bloggers-want-to-know.html

:)

jamyhawk said...

5/6/09 MOOKIE FROG DAY!!!!!

Be a FROG AVATAR