Saturday, January 23, 2010

Finally!!!



After all those close finishes, I was able to win this $20 6 max rebuy last night on Fulltilt. When we got heads up, my opponent from Cyprus had me at a 1Million to 400K chip disadvantage. He said he was going to be late to work, and wanted a deal. Even though I was a little tanked myself, after enjoying a few Hendricks, I tried to finagle the situation, but dealing with that guy proved to be a pain. In the end, I agreed to 3400 (my chip equity put it a little over 3K) and we left 200 on the table to play for.

When we got back to playing, I think it took me all of 15 min or so to mount the comeback, overtake and finally win the match, and take the 200 we left on the table plus the victory title.

I'm happy to finally take a MTT down, although old employee #45 must have been out to lunch, as in other tournaments I'm still getting hammered by the impossible cards hitting the Turn/River. You all know what that's like.

But in this one, 45's replacement took pity on my soul. Check these out:






Of course, you have to win your flips. This one rocketed me the chip lead:



Also helps to win (Suckout) your 70/30's too....when this one went my way, to say I was shocked would be an understatement:



These were the stack sizes heading into the Final table, with me in 3rd:

Seat 1: ModusAgendi (76,973)
Seat 2: twoblackaces (326,444)
Seat 3: etrainrollin (102,288)
Seat 4: dcookie (232,143)
Seat 5: Round42 (399,006)
Seat 6: MYspearGUN (353,146)

Seat 6 MYspearGUN wound up taking out most of the players, which was great for me. Here he starts off with Dcookie, someone I know to be a good player:



Here the shorty's clash and were down to 4:



Round42 is a Helmet Head (FTOPS winner), and had become very active since moving to 4 handed. He was raising alot, and I had played back a few times, forcing a fold. So he was perfectly setup here, as I held bullets:



Around this time, Myspeargum starts pushing for the deal:

MYspearGUN: in 50 min i must be in office
etrainrollin: let's deal it out
MYspearGUN has 15 seconds left to act
Orrin1988 (Observer): start pushing them.
etrainrollin: it's been 6 hours
MYspearGUN: it is 8 morning in cyprus

The helmet head and I held out though, and play moved on, and he got spanked hard on this hand, and we were down to 3:



Then Speargun and Etrain start a stronger push for a deal, but I'm holding out. I fail to take out Etrain here, and I'm not happy about it:



This of course now brings on this ridiculous banter :

etrainrollin: phew
MYspearGUN: hahahh
etrainrollin: deal now?
MYspearGUN: deal?
Shabazz Jenkins (Observer): blech

Fellow blogger Shabazz Jenkins looped in for some appreciated support at this time too.....I still held out.

Finally, I take out etrain to get us headsup:



After the deal was done, we left 200 bucks on the table to play for as I mentioned at the beginning. After some back and forth heads up, i take the lead for the first time here:



And the final hand:



There you have it, the elusive win after all those final tables the last 3 months finally hit. Here's to hoping #45 takes some more lunch breaks!

2BA

13 comments:

Shrike said...

Congrats! Nice result.

-PL

Tycou said...

congrats!

lightning36 said...

Fun recap. Always good to see that SOMETIMES we actually get a break. Congrats!

Jeremy said...

Congrats! Maybe the hardest part of the tourney was getting the deal done!

Javier Carrasco B. said...

Solid!
Regards, Javier.

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Great job Fred!!! Here's hoping we see several more of these over the next few weeks, no reason to stop now that you finally nabbed your first first in a while. Great score!

PokahDave said...

Choo Choo goes the TBATrain....

BamBam said...

Nicely done TBA, well deserved too I might add!

Lucypher said...

Well done. Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!!

Way to go!

Booooooooooom!

lj said...

nice job!

Fred aka TwoBlackAces said...

Thanks all!

jamyhawk said...

very nice recap. And congrats!