Sunday, February 14, 2010

PokerStars

I play almost exclusively at Fulltilt. Every once in a while, I will play on Pokerstars, like in the recent Bloggers tournament, of which I only played 2 events. The main reason I like to play on Fulltilt, is because of rakeback. Stars to my knowledge doesn't offer it, and instead has a VIP program. I realize that their program comes with many nice perks, but I really haven't put much thought or research behind weighing the benefits vs getting rakeback from FT. The bottom line is that I rather concentrate my play on one site and get the full benefits, rather than split between the 2, and for the last 3 or 4 yrs, my business has gone to FT.

Having said that, I got an email that Stars is coming up on their 4o Billion hand, and they are going to party it up, as they usually do. What has caught my eye, and thought I'd share is next week's Sunday Million's guarantee will balloon to 4 Million! That's a huge number obviously, and I can only guess the lucky donk who wins it will take home 1Mil +.

I guess I'm going to have to donk it up with them. This will be a huge field.

2BA

1 comment:

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Although I find the site to be annoying in its own way for sho, Stars has some nice tournaments that compare favorably with similar tourneys on full tilt. The 70k at 9:30pm ET nightly is roughly similar to the 50-50, and at 9pm ET they have a larger 100k guaranteed event (250k on Wednesdays for twice the buyin) every night as well that is exceedingly easy to satellite in to, provided that the Stars rng is wiling to put out.