Saturday, February 6, 2010

Vote results

Thanks to those of you that left comments and sent me emails regarding yesterdays post.

In fairness, I should have given some more context on the villain. Mr Pascual is your regular run of the mill calling station fish. I had extensive notes on him, so my reasoning was certainly influenced by what I had previously recorded in my notes, including hand histories which I will typically cut and paste into players notes as well as my observations.

His play is very straightforward and simple. He rarely reraises a preflop raiser, and post flop, he will call if he has any pair or draw. He will only raise on the turn if he has 2 pair or better, and I had noted his tendency to bluff the river if checked to, esp on missed draws. So maybe if I had given this added info, the results of the poll might have been influence some, but even without that data, only 17% (130 votes) stated they'd fold. Here's how the hand played out:



So there you have it, my read was pretty much dead on, and he got lucky on me obv. I had him on a small to mid pair all along. My check on the river was to induce and make sure he put the last of his chips in the pot. And I am certain had he not hit that set on the river, his chips would have got in regardless.

Thanks again for all's input,

2BA

1 comment:

BLAARGH! said...

heh, no fair!
Too bad abut the outcome, but great read on the fishy. I love those guys in the cash games.