Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend ups & downs

I think the real highlight of the weekend was my success in the satellites.  Leading up the this past weekends events, I won a bunch of FTOPS seats, probably to half of the events.  I only played in 4 overall, and didn't have anything to write about.  This includes yesterdays main event and the earlier knockout tournament.  

In the main event, we had 7500 starting stacks, and 15min blind levels.  I noticed this morning, that the tounament didn't end until almost 8am CST.  Still, would have been nice to make a run, and I'm sure one of these days I will.  I certainly still have to work on getting out of improbable 'setup' hands. Thats a big leak of mine....I think I've blogged before, how I seem to know I'm going 'over the falls', but willingly fail to grab for the last branch to save my life!  You all have been in the those situations, where you have the 2nd nuts, and the nuts would mean your opponent would have to be holding some weird freaking holdings....and you convince yourself that no-one in a high buy-in event would ever be playing crap cards...and then you think, but wait, it was a limp pot, he could very well have the crap holding...but wait....I'm calling anyway!!!!!   Argh!!!!!

You get the picture.

However, I did have a few nice runs, although fizzling prior to any significant cash.  First up was a deep run in the 50/50 on Friday night:

\

Key hand came in a blind vs blind against tournament regular 'Wachovia'.



He had been gambling it up, and my re-raise was just a message telling him I was ready to get it in, and if he had some really crap hand, I'm sure he would have folded, but KQ was good enough for him to dance.  I think very next hand, I got A9 and shoved into the BB's AJ.  

I had another top 50 finish in the 32K on Saturday night.  Let's leave that one at that.

On the 'up' side, I won another one of these:



Sadly, I final table 2 other ones as well, but was eliminated on the bubble.  Only top 6 pay in these 45 runner SNG.  

Hope you all had a great weekend!

2BA

No comments: