Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Another flame out

I played the nightly tournaments,including the 32k, 6k rebuy, 22k rebuy and the 50/50. The rebuys have been something new I've been playing, I really like the deep stack play post rebuy period. At one point, I was top 10 in chips in all but the 32K (which I busted out early), and thought I'd have a pretty big night. However, I got coolered in both the rebuys, which left just the 50/50.

In that tournament, I was able to triple up very early, and had the chip lead within the first 15min. Interestingly, I stayed in the top 10 for the first 3 hours, even right up to the bubble. It was really nice to raise every hand, and build an extra 15k in chips with no confrontations.

At one point, I had 95k in chips, and the guy in 2nd had 40k. I knew that would all change, but I was at least hoping to stay at the top, and keep adding to my stack. But unfortunately, I had my great run of cards early, and in the mid stage of the tourny. In the late stage, and when it counts most, I couldn't buy a hand. I had to go with the all mighty Q8 & A9 just to stay afloat. These occured when we were down to 2 tables:






Finally, with 11 left, and on the shortstack, I decided to go with K9sooted:



Seemed like a bit loose for my opponent to call 3/4 of this stack with KJ, but w/e, just frustrated I suppose.




Many thank to Bayne and JD for the rail support!

2BA

No comments: