Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday cash's

I was able to satellite myself into both the Sunday Brawl & the 750K today. In the latter, I wound up spending about $140, but in the Brawl I got in on a rebuy satty for $20 bucks, which is all I invested. I've taken an approach lately to not rebuy at the start like I use to do, and see if I can just double up early. It's actually not a bad way to go, since many are gambling, and if you sit tight, you can eventually get a hand to double up with. Unlike my performances in the Donkament, where I basically do just go all in all the time, this approach seems to be working lately, so I am going to stick with it. Hoy also final tabled this event, and we both got seats. Here's the last hand, which I think was well played by both myself and the guy with the KK to knock out the shorty:



In the brawl, I played pretty well, but in the end, I just couldn't pick up any hands. I hate committing the rest of my stack with total garbage, but in the end, I had no choice but to go with some rag. I did cash, so a small profit to brag about, I suppose:



I also satellited into the 750k. As I have said before, although I have no major poker ambitions, I would like to someday win a big online tournament. I have knocked on the door several times, and tonight was another one of those close but no cigar runs:



76th of 3644......sigh. And the worst of it is that I went out to oldest trick in the book. Folded to the button who min-raised me. Having odd's I called in the BB with K7, and flop came 7 high. I moved in, he called with KK and that was that. Man was I po'd at myself. I even remember telling myself that he probably had a big hand, but yet like some freaking pre-programmed autobot I just went with it.

Oh well....I do want to thank Corron and LJ for dropping in and giving me some support, that is always appreciated.

2BA

1 comment:

corron10 said...

nice run. if that guy had AK, its the logical play.