Saturday, July 12, 2008

Plane Tilt

So I had to go out of town this past week, and had the most annoying experience on my return flight, which was at the complete and opposite polar end of my outbound flight. I was pleasantly surprised when I was offered an upgrade, which I happily took. Unfortunately, accepting that must be the equivalent of tripping the Fulltilt doom switch.

I was hoping beyond hope that I'd get the same offer on my return flight, but no luck. At first, my assistant had booked me in a middle seat, which is a big issue with me, but it was all that was available, since they limit seat selection online, especially when it's done at the last minute. However, I was checking throughout the day, and got lucky when a window seat became available, so I snagged it. Boy was that a mistake.

I get on the plane, and take my seat....and as usual, I'm always checking out the people as they check to see where they will be sitting. I just hate getting stuck next to anyone who's going to make the plane ride 'unpleasant'. This was a plane which had 3 seats on each side. So I was very delighted when a very slender young women took the middle seat next to me, and my anxiety was over. OR SO I THOUGHT!

So here comes this fairly large man (I'm being nice, ok!), and to my horror, he looks at the young girl sitting next to me, and says

" Excuse me Miss, I believe you are in my seat".

R U FUCKING KIDDING ME?????????

Who in their right fucking mind does that???????

Thats a 1 0uter on the fucking river!!!!.....which sent me into immediate:

TILT TILT TILT TILT TILT TILT TILT!!!!!!!

Holy crap, this was the sickest beat I've taken .... EVER! Not only was this guy large, but he stunk too! AND he had a bag from Burger King and a 20 ounce coke, which now I'm thinking, is going to be a challenge for this guy to eat.......no fucking way! He plopped down like he was the fucking king of Sudan, completely oblivious of both me an the girl, and promptly started to chow down on his meal. Needless to say, I was miserable the entire flight, as the king 'overflowed' onto my space, and didn't ever bat an eye about it!

And by the way fucking American piece of shit Airlines....it sure would have been nice if you people would train your flight attendants....so that when this situation comes up, and the King asks for the seat belt extender....that in some way this tips them off that they are going to have a couple of very UNHAPPY travelers on there hand!!!

I have never in my life been on complete and utter Life Monkey Tilt!!!!!!

2BA

1 comment:

OhCaptain said...

We fly home on Delta on Tuesday. You aren't exactly filling me with hope here :-)