Monday, January 12, 2009

DQB'd, 50/50,PokerTracker & return of the BBT

Previous post 'brag' on DQB's has come back to bite me.  I've been DQB'd at least 3 times this past weekend, and in this hand, the ultimate 'insult to injury', losing with DQB!!!


I played a whole bunch of evening tournaments this weekend, and mainly didn't do much.  The only tourny I went deep in was the 50/50 on Saturday night:



Fellow blogger CMitch also had a deep run as you can see, finishing 12th.  

On the PockerTracker front, I finally upgraded the built in Access DB to SQL.  I was pushing 300k hands, and it was running dog slow.  It did take the better part of the day, but I am happy I did it.  Now I'll probably upgrade to version 3, I think it's now in a more stable state, I plan to read up on current forum discussions to validate that.  I don't like to get software when it first releases, I'll leave the UAT to the BETa users who don't mind the flaws.

For those of you who don't use PockerTracker, I certainly recommend you get on that boat.  The stats are very telling as to what kind of player you are.  In reviewing my 2008 stats, I found that my most profitable dollars come from the $55 SNG's.  I played the $69's (also profitable, but not as much as the $55's),$110's, $220's, and was a losing player at those stakes.  My ego would have a very hard time debating this, so one adjustment I've made so far this year, is to exclusively play the $55's.  It's paying off in a big way so far.  After all, I need something to fuel the huge freaking variances which go hand in hand with MTT's, which unfortunately/fortunately is what I like to play the most.  

I certainly had missed a boat of mine own, but it looks like Al is bringing the BBT back, which would be the 4th of the series.  



That will certainly bring the crowds back, and I'm sure, will be fun and competetive as always.  I've been lucky enough to have won a BBT tournament, in each of the first 3 installments.  We'll see if I can keep that streak going, although I think surely it will be tougher to do.

Thats all for now, and as always, goold luck on the virtual felt to all of you!

2BA


3 comments:

OhCaptain said...

I've written 2 posts about Poker Tracker 3. In fact, do a google search for 'Poker Tracker 3' and you should see your's truly fairly high up the list.

Let's just say, I'm not impressed and don't feel it's ready for prime time.

Shrike said...

I dropped you an e-mail about this, TBA. I could use some advice about joining the modern era of poker software users.

-PL

Fred aka TwoBlackAces said...

I'll be sure to check your reviews Capt...thx