Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Guess what?

Went deep in the 32K again last night....deja vu redux...blah blah blah



I was not really playing well last night, so I was even lucky to get this deep.  On my bust out hand, it really showed:



I should have just shoved pre-flop, especially since I didn't give the UTG much credit.  I already had him pegged as a pretty bad player, and he had opened early with questionable holdings before.  He took his entire time bank to make the flop call, and I didn't get there.  

After this hand it made him the overwhelming chip leader, 636K to 350K or so for the guy in 2nd.  He finished 13th.  

I'll keep plugging at this bad boy, you know...just like Underdog use to say....'If at first you fail your  deed.....'

2BA

6 comments:

oossuuu754 said...

what is your secret man, I would love some insight.

Anonymous said...

Great run again. A lot to be said for "playing bad" and still getting deep.

Just curious, I've noticed you have a lot of notes on people. I've been thinking about how to implement better note taking on FTP. I know it's kind of trivial but what's your approach on this?

Unknown said...

I was going to ask the same question as Pipedream, or more specifically---what is your color coding system and how many different categories are you dividing players into?

Fred aka TwoBlackAces said...

My color codes are mainly used for heads-up play. What I'm basically tagging the player is on ability. The colors range from expert to fish, with a few steps in between. I've tagged a few thousand players now, and mostly the guys that play HU Sng's. The idea is that I can look at the lobby (Best feature Fulltilt put in), and if it's a really bad player, by the color code, I'll jump in the game. There is no reason to play really good players, that's -EV. In MTT's this helps too, but it's more prevelant in the early stages, when the stacks are still relatively deep. It also helps in other ways, such as if I have a guy tagged as above average player, I can make plays against that player, vs a player who has no idea what it is I'm doing. Anyway, that's the high-level...it's pretty much a system adapted for me. I think everyone needs to find what works for them. hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the response

Anonymous said...

what is your secret man, I would love some insight.