Monday, January 19, 2009

Sunday Recap

I played a bunch of the Sunday tournies,  which I was happy to do given my satelliting into most of them.  I played the Sunday Brawl, The Double Deuce, The Sunday Milion, The Mulligan, and the usual 40K and 32K.  That's quite the lineup.  

The Sunday Brawl was over as soon as it started for me.  First I was out of the house, and when I got home the tournament had already started.  I thought it started at 1:30, but actually started at 1.  For that, I punished myself by instantly having a 'tilt seizure'.  The same 'tilty' feeling an all, but it last a very short time.  Unfortunately I busted during that short time.  It was folded to me on the button, I raised Q9, get reraise by some FT pro in the BB, and I flat called.  Hit my top pair,  lead out, got raised, and being in that 'tilty' moment, decided that no dang FT pro was going to push me around, and I stupdily shoved, and was promptly shown two red kings.

I lasted into the 2nd break in the Million, and busted on this hand:



The UTG dude had limp from early with small pairs 3 other times, and had raised all his big hands.  So I thought reasonably he had another small pair, which is why I shoved.  I will tell you he took his entire 90 seconds to make the call, which of course you can't tell from the replayer. Oh well, nh.

The only other significant run I had was in the Double Deuce.  This is a freaking Tri-atholon, and to get this far, and not getting it done, is extremely dissapointing:


One hand that help me get deep was one where the chat banter was priceless....the theme being 'how lucky' I got to 'suckout':



I also managed a 3rd place cash in those 45-man $75 SNG's, so that and the $ from the DD, I somehow manage to make a small profit, plus rakeback. 

As always, good luck to all on the virtual felt....

2BA

1 comment:

smokkee said...

the double-deuce is a behemouth.

gg