Thursday, January 22, 2009

MTT Decisions & Dicipline

I was going over the hands of last night's 32k, which I final tabled.

I played for 7 hrs, 483 hands, and only voluntary put $ in the pot 8%.   Yet after investing all that time, showing incredible patience, making optimal decisions, it all just went to the crapper in one hand: 



I'm still shaking my head today.  You know, you can read all the poker books ever written, all the poker blogs and forums in cyberspace, and you won't fully get it, until you go through real life pain yourself.  And you have to experience quite a few of these, you have to feel that pain many times. over and over...but after the pain subsides, you do come out a much improve player.

I know I'm not stating anything new, or groundbreaking...but I'm feeling better now that I have.

2BA




2 comments:

Josh said...

Don't be too hard on yourself TBA. It's all part of the game and the greater picture we all see. I feel your frustrations, just keep persevering. Great post, it's nice to be able to relate. - drawflush

smokkee said...

you can suppress it to some extent but, it still stings a little every time.