Monday, May 24, 2010

BBT5 almost done

Tonight's Poker on the Rail will mark the end of the BBT5. It has gone by pretty fast, but I think overall, the shorter series and simpler format was a good alternative to the way it was before.

Sadly, barring a win tonight, I'll be shut out of the TOC. I had my chances, one in the invitational getting down to 3 handed, and once in the PFTR, losing heads up to LJ.

In last night's final Invitational, I made a mistake early on against TJ, calling off most of my chips preflop with AK to his QQ, which held. Then Garth puts the final nail in my coffin with this very standard suckout:




That by the way continues to be my 'bustout' theme. I was 2 outed a few times again yesterday, and generally am just getting outrunned by my opponents. I know it's going to turn, it always does, but sucks when your in the midst of a bad run of cards.

Finally, a big congratulations to BamBam for earning his TOC seat last night. I was tuned in just before that epic hand where BamBam took the mighty canadian hammer to victory! It was truly meant to be! Well done, and good luck in the TOC my virtual friend!

Pushmonkey also earned his seat, and my congrats to him/her as well. If you have a blog, leave me a comment, and I'll link you up.

BBT5 concludes tonight, hope there is a good turnout, and good luck to all (me too!) vying for the final slot.

EDIT: BBT5 ends Wednesday...so two more shots. Had my data wrong...thanks HeffMike for pointing that out.

2BA

6 comments:

Mike Heffner said...

?? two shots, unless you're missing the Mookie this week...

Fred aka TwoBlackAces said...

Oh...thanks Mike, thought it ended tonight.

lightning36 said...

GL winning one of the final spots. I put up a post early this morning listing some of my previous bubble tournaments. Of course, they were spread over a few seasons, not all in one.

nzgreen said...

3 outs by my count (don't worry about me I'm drunk and being pedandtic).

BamBam said...

Thanks TBA.
Your comments mean an awful lot to a wannabe like me.

:)

JTarn said...

Pretty new to the online poker-blogging scene but came upon this through a friend and really enjoying the posts. Hope to chat to y'all in the poker rooms.