Monday, May 10, 2010

Resistance is Futile!

Futile: The quality of having no useful result

Always loved that line, I think first hearing it on Star Wars Next Gen, delivered by those lovable Borgs.

Pretty much sums up the BBT5 so far for me. I made another final table yesterday, and then proceeded to get dealt about every possible garbage hand in the book. And by garbage, I'm not referring to Ace-rag or King-rag type hands. This was a steady dose of Hammer hands, Canadian Hammer, French Hammer, German Hammer, Italian Hammer, you name it. Of course, I had to raise a few times just to keep up, but even given my steady folds, my opponents still felt the need to re-raise me. Point noted Mr Goat (just saying..you know, paybacks being a bitch and all!), and congrats on taking yesterdays BBT5 invitational down. Along with Mr Goat, Mr Jim Mcmanus also got a seat, so hooray for the Full-tilt "red pros", as they now have 2 representing in the TOC, one of which is a real poker player.

At the same time that Futility was rearing it's ugly head in the BBT5, I was also making a deep run in the 750K. In fact, at one point with 200 left, already in the money, I was the chip leader. BFD! It's how you finish that counts. I wound up busting somewhere around 80th, and went to bed pretty disgusted with myself.

BTW - I had left the lobby open and noticed that Katy_Sexy took it down. Who is he/she? I have no freaking clue. But I can tell you this. I won a huge pot of this person, which was what propelled me to the lead. Katy was left crippled with about 2K in chips. Again, highlighting that one should always make the best of it, and sometimes good things happen.

It looks like I may make tonights PFTR BBT5 tourney, but I won't be around for the Mookie.

2BA

2 comments:

nzgreen said...

Pokernews doesn't seem to know either:
http://www.pokernews.com/news/2010/05/the-sunday-briefing-kate-sexy-wins-the-full-tilt-750-000-gua-8275.htm

Shrike said...

I now have added incentive to play Mookie if you won't be there.

-PL