Monday, May 17, 2010

Sunday Crap up

Well, this past weekend saw me crash and burn about as bad as one can possibly accomplish that. I was going to put together all of the bad beats, but what's the point? Take the good with the bad, and this past weekend was pretty bad.

The cliff note version was how many freaking times I got 2 outed. It was unreal! I suppose that over years and years of playing, you are bound to have a day, where everyone and their dog makes the miracle catch.

You name it....FTOPS Mini main event, SCOOP (4 in all this past weekend, mid and low), and assortment of rebuys, etc, etc, etc....without exaggeration, my bustout hand in almost every single one was holding a dominating big pair, against a caller "who would not believe" he's beat, despite getting 3bet popped preflop, calls a pot bet on flop with his middle pair (aka - the nuts), and then see his 2 outer hit the Turn/River.

The one that did me in the most was in the Main Event Scoop (medium) where I had this Ronny call a 4x 3 bet preflop. I'm holding AA (which I had cracked every single time), flop comes 9 5 2 rainbow, I bet 2/3, he flats, Turn comes K, I bet Pot, he calls. At this point the pot is huge, I got 2/3 of my stack in, and see the flop come an apparent blank 8, which hits his set, and busto I go.

The only nice cash I had was in the 33 rebuy, where I wound up 11th out of 1200 or so, and again got killed not once, but twice by the same luck box. Both times I had AA, only to see her stack off preflop with AJ and TT. AJ making a straight on the river, and TT hitting the 2 outer on the river as well. The latter pot would have given me the lead, and obviously a great shot at the 5k first place.

As for yesterday's BBT5 invitational, I vaguely recall losing a flip to lose most of my chips, BVB. Interestingly, especially in Blind vs Blind, or if I open raise the button, bloggers never give me credit, and always think I'm stealing. This is ok, just that I've been on the losing end of pretty good dominating situations. That's freaking poker too god damn it!

Well, thats about the best rant I got, which isn't much. If you want to see a good rant, check out our resident rant king.

And congrats to Lighting and Shabazz on making the TOC. (no offense to waffles)

2BA


1 comment:

lightning36 said...

The good thing is, as well as you play, you always know the next big score could be right around the corner.

Waffles's rant is making me famous. I hear that it is nowhere near top five status, though. I need to try harder ...