Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Getting out-setted

Just a quick note on last night's BBT5 poker from the rail tournament. And by quick, I mean my rather quick exit. It reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where it was deemed that Jerry was 'even stevens', and I got a little pay back from the poker gods in that vein, although just in reference to the past two BBT events.

In Sunday's invitational, where I came in 3rd on the bubble for the TOC seat, I got a real good headstart when on either the 1st or 2nd hand of the tournament, I flopped a set of 9's, and unfortunately for Joanne, she had flopped a set of 4's, and I was off an running.

Last night, within the first 15 min, I called a standard raise from the button with 44. My opponent made a standard continuation bet on an ace high flop, and I called. Unfortunately for me, my plan for the hand changed with I turned a set. All the $ went in on the river, and he had flopped a set of aces. C'est la vie!

I made another nice deep run in the Pokerstars 40K last night as well, busted 15th for a nice little cash.

I've made some more adjustments in my late game play. Funny that you can read a ton about all parts of the game, but in the end, everyone still tells you that you gain the most from your own experience. Well, unless you get to the end of the tournament alot, you don't get that experience! So, I think now that I have plenty of deep runs over the years, I'm starting to get into a groove for that late game drive.

Sometimes you will bust, but if you keep applying what you've learn, good things will happen.

As always, good luck to all on the virtual felt!

2BA


No comments: