Monday, March 30, 2009

Ding Dong the Kings Fold???

I think up until today, I had never folded KK pre-flop, in an online tournament.  However, when you've walked into aces holding KK about a bazilion (slight sarcasm) times in the last week, this is exactly what happens.  Of course this time, I couldn't have been more wrong.  I try not to be results oriented, but it just gnaws at you when it could have just propeled you in a huge way.  This is from yesterday's 750K on FT:



I mean, 100% of the time in this situation in the past, I'm re-raising from my position.  If the dude has aces, so be it, I am playing to win.  That's how I usually handle this.....but the UTG dude had not played a hand since I got moved to this table, and I let the "he's got aces" thought get the best of me.  Again, as I stated up front, I have been walking into aces in unusual high frequency as of late, which I'm sure played into this mess.  So I flatted his initial raise, looking to see if I flop a set, and at least seeing what his action on the flop would be.  However, the dopey BB decided to shove, and UTG insta-snap shoved.  My gut told me it was an isolation move, given that the BB had proved to be loose/maniac kind of player.  

But then the freaking 'he has aces' vibe came back, and I folded like a little girl after running out my clock.  I basically froze up....how retarded is that?  If you buy into the whole Fulltilt RNG 'inner works', then who knows what would have flopped on the board had I called.  But clearly, based on their pre-flop holdings, I over analzed this situation, let the current 'current' influence my thoughts, which led to huge feeling of uncertainty, and ultimately came up with a bad decision.  (fancy way of saying I royally suck)

My finish below:


2BA

3 comments:

lightning36 said...

And if you'd gone all in, you would have been up against Aces, right? Or someone who went all in with A-K or A-rag and an Ace hits on the flop?

Gawd, this is what sucks so bad about poker.

jamyhawk said...

LOL. Folding KK preflop is tough. I don't know that I could do it.

Thanks for the linkage. I'm getting you up on my blog now.

lj said...

bayne would probably fold there too.

at least you still cashed!