Thursday, January 24, 2008

Home game tourny Part 2

My second table had one very interesting lady, let's call her D. My starting table was adjacent to this second table, so I was sort of peaking as to what was going on, and believe me when I tell you they were fairly loose and wild. D especially leading the pack. Seem like every hand, she was yelling out how she was 'buying' the pot and making big bets to back it. So needless to say, when I was moved to her table, she had the big stack. I had probably around 250 chips or so, and she had a bit more. So first hand we play, I'm in the BB and she opens for a 4x raise. Folds to me, and I have a suited King and defend. The flop comes King high, and I elect to check, with the intention of check raising. So she thinks about it, and then bets the pot. Funny thing is that she was completely quiet during that entire thought process. Here I had been hearing her yak it up, loud as can be, and all of a sudden the silence......well, I folded as that was way to fishy, and she 'proudly' tabled her rockets! Man am I glad I was 'peaking'!

A few hands later, I'm on the button folds around to me, and I have the blogger fav hand better know as the Hammer (honey, that would be a 7 2 )! So I raise of course, and D in the BB hems and haws (back to loud and talking) and finally calls. I think we were 6/12 at the time, so the pot had around 60 chips or so. The flop comes ace high, she checks. I'm putting her on either a middle pair or maybe even a couple of painted cards, but she's pretty erratic so who knows for sure. At any rate I bet the pot finally, and again blah blah blah...and she calls. So the pot is fairly significant at this point and I move in the rest of my chips after she checks again on a blank turn card. She then starts again, now telling me I'm buying the pot, yada yada yada....and finally and painfully folds. She was pretty teed off, so of course, being it was a friendly game and all, I decided to just muck the cards. Had I shown, I think she may have caused me bodily harm! as it is, I heard it from her the rest of the night!

Well, that really ends the interesting part of the night. I did make it to the final 7 players, top 3 got paid. I started the final table second in chips, but the blinds were ridiculously high, and we were still using the dang 1 dollar chips! I suggested we color up, but they didn't get around to doing it until they got heads up! Again, friendly game, and being it was our first time, I didn't want to rock the boat. I think the blinds were at 20/40, so I only had about 12 bets or so, the chip leader had a huge chip lead, and the remaining players were all short. When we got down to 5 handed, I was priced into a call from a short stack, which I lost in a race. Then a few hands later on the button, I had k6 pushed into the chip leader's BB, who for some reason, hem and hawed before calling with AJ! Man, I would have insta called in that situation, but oh well, it is what it is, I didn't improve, so his ace high held up, and went on to take the game down.

All in all, me and the Mrs had a very good time, and we definitely plan on making a return visit.

2BA

2 comments:

Schaubs said...

I woulhd have shown the hammer...!! That is the whole point of playing the hammer...

The hammer must be shown next time.

Fred aka TwoBlackAces said...

Indeed it is! I'll make sure to not let that happen again! ;-)