Monday, January 21, 2008

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Momentum comes in two flavors. Positive and Negative. The latter twin bit hard in the ass yesterday. Instead of taking a break to counter the evil twin, I of course played 'through it'. LOL

So a very high level recap of the day:

Early on I played the 4k knockout with a $70 buyin. This tournament in it's very early stages provided me with the only highlight of the day. First hand I get it all in preflop against AA, KK, JJ and quadruple up while picking up 3 bounties. I forgot to snap a shot unfortunately, and in case your wondering, I had 'twoblackaces', and rivered a flush to scoop the monster pot. But instead of making that the prelude to a great day, it only serve to probably jinx the rest of the day. In this tourny, I managed to chip up, and made it down to the last 2 tables where my MO of bad luck kicked in. With about 50k in chips or so, it was folded to me in the SB. I forget exactly where the blinds where, but they were pretty up there, plus ante's all pots were worth fighting for. I am dealt AK sooted in diamonds. I had the BB covered, but not by much. Given the situation, I shoved and this dude in the BB, snap calls me with A8. And by snap call I mean his chips were in the pot before I finished clicking the freaking allin button. Needless to say, the not one but two eights on the flop sealed my fate.

The next 3 to 4 hours were wasted trying to satellite in to the Sunday Million, (a few too for the Brawl and Mulligan). It was a pot luck of 5 dollar rebuys, 24 dollar, 8 dollar, and a 24 and 69 sng's, and a couple of multi's with a crapload of seats being dolled out, all coming to a big fat zero. Without boring you all (my 3 readers) with the gore details, suffice it to say I bubbled 4 or 5 times, had the sickest of beats put on me, that I finally just had to give up. And yes, in case your wondering, I probably could have saved my self all the trouble, and just bought into the damn thing.

In the midst of all the satelliting, I also was playing 55 Sng's working off the year end fulltilt bonus, and of course, I had the worse run in those as well, so much I had to bump down to the 33's. If nothing else, I did put a nice dent into the points, and only have another 140 bucks to go to finish.

Then in the evening, I played the 24 and 25k plus both the blogger tournaments. I held the chiplead in the 25k, which had a very nice 11k 1st place payout, with about 200 player's to go. I don't recall exactly where the money started, I think around 70th, and I managed to crash and burn about 10 player's short of that. In this one, I lost 3 key hands in a short period of time, which in NL, can take you from the penthouse to the basement in no time at all. Two of the hands where to player's that were short, and I flipped against them both times with me holding a pocket pair, and my opponents with big aces. Combined, they took about 30percent of my stack. Then I blinded down till about the point where my M was 10, found KK in the CO, and called and allin by the guy next to me who had me covered. His hand was Acey Duecey. And to accentuate that this was going to be the worst day ever, #45 went quack quack quack on the board, and I was done. Man do I hate that fucker.

And the piace de fooking resistonce (I have no fucking idea how to spell that since I ain't french!) came courtesy of the Blogger Big game, where I took the 'coveted' Gigli award. I lost most of chips to SwimMammy on this hand:



I busted shortly after, and that was the end of that. In the skillz game, which of course I have none, I decided to try the 'George Costanza' effect. Namely, if every decision I made yesterday was the wrong decision, then the opposite must be the correct one! Haha....I tried it, and came from the bowels of last place all the way up to the chip lead! if that isn't irony, I don't know what is. Alas in true Costanza form, it didn't last and I hung it up for the day. A bloody day indeed.

2BA

2 comments:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Cash game is definitely a quicker way to earn pts... obv depending on the stakes you play but you earn points as long as the pot is raked and you were dealt a hand. So regardless of whether any of your money went towards the rake in a particular hand, it doesn't matter as long as you were dealt cards. Good luck clearing the bonus and I'm sure I'll see you at the tables soon!

lj said...

that was quite a cooler in blogger big game. what goes around comes around -- you'll be running hot soon enough.