Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Mookie curse?

Mookie and Hoy have a prop bet to see who can win the coveted Mookie title first. Apparently, neither has won it recently, with Mookie winning it back in 06. At any rate, last night I knocked out Mookie. I looked over in his blog, and noticed the following in his live report:

9:25 … OUT! twoblackaces limps UTG with ATh and I jam in the middle with KJh. He calls and I hit a King on the flop but he rivers an Ace. He’s cursed…no way he wins now. :)

Well, apparently there is something to this. I must say that of all the blogger tournaments, for some reason I don't do well in the Mookie....And now to boot...I'm CURSED!

It didn't take long for that to manifest itself either!


I sure hope this curse only applies to last nights tourney! Else Yikes!!!!

2BA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I don't count that win back in 06 since there was like 12 people playing.

We've never won a "real" Mookie tournament thus the prop bet.

As far as the other curse, that's something that has also seemed to be consistent. Knock me, lose that tournament. (The exception being when I lost to Surf heads up)

The curse only lasts for that particular tourney so you are still good.

BamBam said...

Don't worry TBA. I've never taken mookie out and I still feel cursed!

Haha.

I know I show the donk side of me far too often, when we're at a table together. But sometimes it's just fun for me on a night when I should be getting some sleep.

I do it because I like to be with people I consider freinds, but have never met.

I consider TBA to be a front-runner in that category. I remember when Al was giving you a hard time about chat, and I stood up with him and made a stupid comment about you "not getting" what these games were all about.

Well I'm here to say I'm sorry. You've been nothing but nice to me and I've tried to make up for that dumb statement ever since.

I always look forward to seeing you at the games. Just so I can say hi.

Thanks for the freindship, despite my earlier miss-guided mouth waggling.

Fred aka TwoBlackAces said...

No worries Bam-Bam, I enjoy the games and company too. It's a good mix of easy going folks and good poker players, great combo, and as I've stated before, it's the closest thing to a 'home game' atmosphere there is.
Thanks for the kind words, and hope to keep seeing you at the tables, and perhaps we can get heads up again so I can pay you back! ;-)

Mookie, it was just so funny that I read that in your blog, and sure enough I ran those kings into aces! Couldn't resist posting! Good luck with the baby...don't know how you juggle the big family and still make time for everything else. Maybe some tips in the future for the rest of us would be nice!