Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend recap



This hand represents the highlight of the weekend. Always nice to flop quads, but it would sure be nice if it happen at a more meaningful time. Timing is everything. I actually played in both the 750k and the Sunday mulligan yesterday on FullTilt. The good news is that I was able to satellite in to both. In the case of the 750k, I won 3 for the 750k (and one for the mulligan), which is nice since they pay you the cash after you win the seat. I played in an $8 dollar satellite Friday night to the 750K, and I absolutely crushed it. There were about 70 or so runners, and two seats up for grabs. I mean it wasn't even close. At one point, I had about 30k in chips, and the guy in 2nd had about 12k. I remember thinking why can't this happen in the big show?

The bad news of course was that I couldn't get anything going in both big tourneys. Anytime I made a move, I got played back at. And as usually happens in these big buy in tourneys, I didn't get any premium cards, so I had to pick spots as usual, and sometimes that doesn't go your way either.

Oh well, maybe I should make a quick trip to NY, and get some of that good winning karma that's in the air! Congrats to the Hammer Player, great achievement to say the least!

2BA

No comments: