Thursday, February 7, 2008

FTOPS1 and The Mookie

So I got home from work a little late last night, and had completely forgot about FTOPS #1 starting. I had planned to play the Megasatellite yesterday, but somehow just forgot about it. So with about 15min left till the start, I joined one of those $26 Super Turbo Satellite, and remarkably I won it.



However, my FTOPS #1 only lasted about 2 hours. I think there were about 5100+ runners, and exited around 2300 or so. I just never got any cards to speak of, and made all my plays in late position to keep treading water. I finally busted on this hand, which illustrates that even in these large buyin events, and even a few hours deep, you still get big time bozo's lurking about.



I have no idea what the hec the guy with JT was thinking. I guess some people just look at JT as nuts. The action had gone, limp from the 6's, flat call from JT, and pushed in the SB for 2k, 6's shoved something like 7k to isolate, and JT called the shove all-in. Of course #45 rewards the great play.

In other news, I played the Mookie blogger tournament, which for the first time started with T1500. I actually like this, since it makes for a shorter tournament duration. I went out somewhere in the middle of the pack. I had dribbled down to about 600 chips, found AQ in late position, pushed it, got called by KQ in one of the blinds, and that was that when the K hit the river.

I don't think I'll be playing in either the Pot Limit Omaha or HORSE FTOPS today, so good luck to all of you that are in!

2BA

No comments: