Tuesday, June 24, 2008

32K and MATH win

My daily vice is the 32K (previously 28k) on FullTilt. It's a $26 buyin tournament, that usually gets around 1400 runners, and 1st place payout is 6-7k. We've seen other blogger's have good success in this tournament, but I have been generally feast or famine. I final tabled it last week, and also have on a few other occasions. Last night I got to about 130 of 1400, and had this spectacular bustout hand:



Oh well.....will try again tonight. Many thanks to IT, OhCaptain, and Joanne who stopped by to lend me a few boooooms and much appreciated railing!

The MATH's had 13 runner's last night, and I literally luckboxed to the victory. I don't remember the last time where I was on the winning end of (read:suckout) several big underdog hands.

At the final table, I spiked a lucky 7 against KatieMother's cowboys:



When I got HU against Aguda, I had this "suckout" as well:



Aguda had made some huge overbets (OBFV not withstanding), which I didn't bite on...until the last hand:



Yeah Me! :-) <-----------Good at MATH....was my best and favorite subject ya know!

2BA

7 comments:

CEMfromMD said...

So glad you won the MATH last night. Didnt need the first timer winning one, especially with the river suckout he put on me on the Final Table bubble. Good game!!

OhCaptain said...

Congrats on cashing! I had fun railing you last night.

Super congrats on winning the MATH!

lj said...

gooooooooooooo tba!

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Great job tba, nice playing with you as always. Did not see the suckouts but as usual thought you played very well in the parts I was there for.

AJG said...

It was nice playing with all of you. Lots of fun and i can see that you all have a good time playing.

During the start of the tourney and into the 1hr, i was catching many flops and being aggressive. I didn't want to have everybody think i was stealing all the time, so i was showing many of my hands.

I did have a couple of lucky cards come my way, but thats the way it happens sometimes.

I hope to see you agin.

By the way, good posts on your blog.

Aguda

RaisingCayne said...

I really enjoy that $32k too! Seems filled with dead money, and I never cease to be amazed by the donkery witnessed in the first hour! I totally understand your "boom or bust" sentiment in the tourney, as I seem to have similar results, (rarely lasting past 90 minutes and NOT cashing fairly deep.) I'll hunt you down and rail tonight. GL!

Nice MATH win, congrats.

RaisingCayne said...

Oops. Wait. Got my tourneys confused. I'm on the West Coast and was preparing for MY 7pm scheduled MTT routine the $28k... NOT the $32k that started a couple hours earlier. Never home in time for that one. Good luck...