Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Token parlay-age & MATH low turnout

So I've been sitting and accumulating these iron-man medals for a few years now, so I got a whole bunch. I finally decided to peruse the iron-man store, and found that I could purchase both $26 and $75 tokens.

So I bought a couple of these:



and parlayed them into this:




So I got a whole hec of a lot more medals I'll be cashing in, as I think this will give me a better value. You do have the option of taking cash bonus, but that wouldn't be any fun, right? they offer $300 bucks for 1600 medals, and $600 bucks for 3000 medals if you just want to take the cash bonus and then work it off. I think the tokens offer's a better route.

I got caught up and distracted last night enough to forget to register into the MATH. I was surprised to see only 6 people signed up. I know attendance is back to being low post BBT3, but that is about the lowest I've ever seen it. So you have to stop and wonder if this is a product in response to the latest drama, of which Hoy is right in the center of?

If you want a good wrap up with all the links, check this entry in George's blog.

I'm sure we haven't read the last of any of this, but I sure hope we get the blogger choo choo back on the rails, and get back to why I joined this group in the first place....namely to play poker with people that have the same interest as I in improving and getting better at this little side hobby we all have.

2BA

1 comment:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

dollar per medal value is highest with the $600 bonus. I'm just saying...