Tuesday, June 3, 2008

BBT3 Wraps up

I was out of town over the weekend, so there was no poker for me, other than the final BBT3 Big Game, of which I arrived 30 min late. The winner of the final event is someone who I did not recognize, and someone who played a very 'questionable style'. But hec, as I've said before, what do I know? I mean if you have 'the skill' to put half your stack in the pot, on the flop with no pair and no draw and still outrun a set, you must have some kind of poker chops, right? :-)

I was also pretty bummed to see that Goat didn't get his seat in this final game, and what made it worse is that he came 2nd to 'Mr Poker Chops'. However, I hope the big $$$ will ease the pain a little, in fact, $2700 is a pretty nice ROI for the BBT3!

As for me, I don't remember exactly when I busted, all I know is I busted short of the points. I think I only needed about 20 pts to over take Lucko for 2nd overall in the points standing, but I could not manage to pull it off. Once again, congrats to TJ who wins the overall Pts leaderboard by 500 pts ahead of 2nd place finisher Lucko. If you add that to the 4k he's won for winning the April and May pts, and I'd say that has been a pretty nice ROI for his BBT3 as well.

I suppose overall I am please with my results too, but I am somewhat disappointed as I came real close to winning the 1st month's 2k prize, and just couldn't hold off TJ after having been in the points lead for almost the entire month. I had a similar choke job in the BBT2 as you all may recall as well.

Now what's left is the TOC, and it's big WSOP main event prizes and the 2k package Badge freeroll this weekend. Good luck to all that qualified, this has been a great tournament series, and I enjoyed playing with everyone very much!

And of course a big thanks to Al for putting this together, and for all the work that he does on behalf of the poker blogging community!

Also a big thanks to the guys who host the blogger tournaments, and allowing them to be used for the BBT3.

2BA

2 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

Hmmm.. I thought I won April..

#1 SirFWALGMan

Who knew..

TJ has played a great series thought. Excellent game.

TuscaloosaJohnny said...

No, you were just dreaming Waffle. I was the winner of all three months...