Thursday, May 29, 2008

BBT3 - Game #51-53 & WSOP 08

I have not been playing much poker at all since last Friday, as we had family in town, and therefore poker goes low on the priority list. I think I might have squeezed a late night sit-n-go, but other than that, nada or as my dad likes to say, Natinga de Coco!

So needless to say, I am pretty behind on the news, in both bloggerland and in the poker community in general. I did not play obviously in BBT3 Games #51 & 52, nor do I know who won them. I am sure they are happy campers though (unless they are a multiple winner), as the BBT3 is now down to the last 2 games. Riverchasers tonight, and Miami Don's Big Game on Sunday.

I did manage to play in the Mookie last night, however I'll use the term 'play' loosely. It's really amazing how just being off for a few days seem to have me off my game just a little. Ok, maybe alot! I just played plain stupid, and deserved to get summarily dismissed in the manner that I did. Hopefuly, I can get back in my groove, before the TOC, and at least make a good showing.
Mr Tuscaloosa John took it down, not only cementing himself in the #1 position for the overall BBT3 points leadership, but puts him in position to make a run at the May leaderboard as well. So congrats to him, he's a hec of a player to say the least.

Finally, the 2008 World Series of Poker starts tomorrow. I get pumped up every year for the series, as I am sure many other poker aficionados. I have yet to play in any event, and every year I tell myself this will bet the year.

Well, maybe this will be the year! :-)

I know many of our fellow bloggers are planning on going, and playing. I look forward to reading their adventures, and I hope and wish them all collectively the best of luck!

Again, Riverchasers tonight, here are the details:

Tournament: Riverchasers Online Tour
Where/when: Full Tilt, Thursday 21:00ET
Game: Bi-weely rotation of NLHE and non-HE games
Buyin: $10+1
Password: riverchasers
I think I read on Al's blog that the game will be Omaha H/L. Should be a good turnout again, with this being the penultimate BBT3 game.

See you all there!

2BA

2 comments:

TuscaloosaJohnny said...

You are much too kind sir. I have certainly had a good run in these things (if not so much in my other poker activities). I really hope you can make it out to the WSOP this year. I figure barring a TOC win, and with a newborn, that may be unlikely, but if you make it the first beer is on me.

RaisingCayne said...

Good luck in the TOC 2BA! Here's to hoping THIS will indeed be your year to take part in the WSOP. (And if not this, then definitely NEXT year!)

And you're definitely spot on regarding TuscJohn! I've really enjoyedd witness his play throughout the series, and believe he's very deserving of the top spot.