Wednesday, May 14, 2008

BBT3 - Game#44 Skills HOE

Decided to contribute as usual to the BBT3 last night in the Skills game, which was HOE. I erroneously thought it meant Holdem & Omaha 8, but it also included Stud 8. Oh well, didn't matter, I suck and have no patience for limit games, so I never expect much.

However, by being in tune with my inner Donkery, I somehow made the final table. I had just posted yesterday about how it's been a dismal BBT3 post the nice April start, so I suppose maybe I was just due, or something like that.

It was interesting that when we got 4 handed, someone noted we all had TOC seats already. Final four were TJ, RNallin, ChippyMcstacks and yours truly. Congrats to Chippy on the win, and his 2nd TOC victory, and thus reducing the overall TOC field by one less player.

I also played the Turbo FTOPS last night. I was able to muster up a couple of Super Turbo "crack' wins, so I decided to play it, esp since it would end fairly quickly, at least by midnight was my calculation. I lost half my stack within the first 10 min, but was able to double up, and then double up again. I then won a few more pots, and right before the 1st break, I was sitting around 7k in chips. My goal was to take chip us as much as possible, given the fast structure that are turbo's, so I was taking chances with some hands, where I normally wouldn't. So I was dealt AQ sooted on the button, and a guy with about 5k shoved from the CO. I certainly thought I was ahead of his range, and at worst a flip, so I called. He turns over Acey duecey, and of course he hits the runner runner flush, and I'm down to less than 2k. The blinds were so big, I think I pushed the last of it right after the break, and busted.

Mookie tonight, see you all there.

2BA

No comments: