Monday, May 5, 2008

Sunday 'Brawl' deep run

If you have 5000 FTP points sitting in your account, they will buy you into a 9 man SNG for a seat to the 750K. They run pretty much around the clock, but actually get filled on Sunday. I had notice this before but never attempted it, until yesterday.



I wish I can say that I put the seat to good use, but sadly I never was able to get anything going. However, I had also won a seat into the 'Sunday Brawl', which is a $240 buyin knockout ($40) tournament. It got 1554 runner's, and was the first time I've played it. I've won many seats in the past, but I've usually taken the T$'s. That was actually my intent yesterday, but I got happily sidetracked, and next thing I knew, the tournament had started. So it seems my little girl is already proving to be +EV:



I had been pretty card dead, right up until we were about 20 from the bubble. Then I got Aces twice in one orbit, and was able to get up to about 8k. I could have coasted (folded) into the $$$, however I got dealt KK about 8 places from the money in the BB. What gave me some pause for thought, was the action in front of me. The big stack open from middle for a raise, and the button moved all in. Both had me covered. However, I felt on the money bubble, the big stack's range was very wide, and although I thought briefly that the button could be moving in with aces, I felt it was more likely he was moving in with a good hand, but not aces, given who opened the pot in the situation. Nevertheless I went for it, had to dodge a few outs, and had good results for a change.



So that powered me to a nice deep run, although I felt short when I couldn't get my AQ past Q5 in a blind vs blind hand. A very constant theme late in tournaments seems to prevail. Namely, if you have the big stack, more times than not, you win if your in an allin hand. I have no numbers behind this, other than my experience. In fact, I have been on the recieving end of this effect. The guy who wound up winning yesterday's tournament, had a hand where he was all in with AK, was up against QQ. QQ flops a set, and he rivers a straight. I can't tell you how many times I've seen that! Oh well, maybe it's just me, but maybe I'll start snapping those, and see if it's just my imagination.

Ok, so to wrap things up, from the 'runner runner' file, here's a beauty from a headsup match;



Nice eh? I swear I had my mouth open for minute...aiiijaah!

BBT3 rolls on tonight, with Monday's at the Hoy. I hope our host is feeling better, as he has been under the weather now for the last week.



2BA

No comments: