Thursday, May 8, 2008

BBT3 - #41 Mookie & FTOPS #1

So as has been my play in the BBT3 of late, I flamed out early. This time I got bounced when my opponent decided to call my jam, with 88 on a Q high board. I had QJ in the BB, and she rivered an 8, and that was the end of that. I did have 165 chips left, and interesting I outlasted her, as she went out a few hands later.




The FTOPS kicked off last night, and frankly I was not planning on playing. However, don't know if this was because they were short on the guarantee, but they started running those 100 chips Super Turbo Satellites. I don't know about you guys, but those flipping games are like crack to me. I suppose it's the ole gambler in me that gets that have some fun. At any rate, I played a total of 6 of them, and won 4 seats! So needless to say, it was profitable for a change. Unfortunately those rat bastards don't count those towards the satellite challenge, which really sucks, because it is a SATELLITE after all!!!

I almost unregistered, but at the last second I decided to play, figured I was freerolling. It was a bad decision. I already in the back of mind knew I was going to be able to stay up very late. Since it was 6 max, I definitely decided to splash around a bit. It was actually fun while it lasted. I finally pushed QJ in the blinds, on a guy who kept raising me from the button. He called of a large part of his stack with the might A9, and it held.

FTOPS 2 is PLO Hi, starts this afternoon, probably to accommodate the Europeans, and #3 is tonight. It's a $500 NL game, and I'll be looking out for some more of those turbo's.

Tonight the BBT3 game is the Riverchasers.

Riverchasers Online Tour
Full Tilt, Thursday 21:00ET
Buyin - $10+1
Password: riverchasers

See you all there!

2BA

3 comments:

lj said...

hey fred, i've got a question for you -- could you email me at princeharibo@gmail.com

congrats on chippies! winning 4/6 is pretty awesome.

Anonymous said...

Crack indeed! Do you have any specific stragedies? Or do you just push and pray?

Tim

Fred aka TwoBlackAces said...

Not a whole lot of skill obviously is required, but it does help if you draw a late position, as you have the 'luxury' of seeing some more hands. Also, half the table will be busted after the first few hands, so it works to your advantage. Other than that, you just got to play anything but the crappiest of hands, and hope to get lucky. Unless you draw the BB, but even then, you shouldn't IMHO play unless you have the upper 2/3rd of hands. If you fold both blinds, you still have 55 chips, and I have won many of this by folding out of the blinds, and picking a better spot. One double up obviously and your over the starting stack.