Monday, May 12, 2008

100th Post & FTOPS

5 month's since I started the blog, and now have reached this small milestone. Let's see how long it takes to get to 200th, as I think I've slowed down some.

I was kinda busy this past weekend, so other than a whole bunch of sng's, I didn't really play any MTT's, with one exception (EDIT: Oh, and I think I played the Donkament too). That would be Friday nights FTOPS #5, which was Stud 8. I got home from work, and of course had to play my fav crack games, the 100 chip super turbo's. Again, going with my lucky streak, it only took one, and I was in. Now every poker sense in my body was saying "UNREGISTER!!!!", since I am absolute dead money in any stud game, let alone FTOPS where presumably your going to have good stud players. Be that as it made, the devil on my other shoulder told me I have nothing to lose, and so I played. And as expected, I don't think I made it past the first hour. I didn't screen shoot it, but I lost the bulk of my chips when I had a made 6 on 6th along with a pair of aces, and my opponent was showing 54kq, and obviously rivered his wheel. I haven't run the math, but since it's limit, and there was alot of money in the pot, I assume drawing for one of his 4 outs on the river (assuming none where dead), is ok.

Yesterday there was limited poker action, as we were taking care of our mom's. :-) So I hope you all had a great mother's day, and that you did something special for them!

Before it dawning on me that it was Mother's day, I had plan to play in the FTOPS heads up event. Way to go Fulltilt to plan that event on Mother's Day! At any rate, I did chime in late last night, to see the results, and happen to catch the start of the final match, where the winner was getting something like 60K. Well it lasted all of 6 hands. The final hand incredibly was this:



As deep as they were, 40BB+, and although the hand was a cooler, I am wondering if KK couldn't have gotten away from the hand??? On the flop, Boondy leads, and then gets basically min raised. I don't know about you guys, and this is obv very big stakes that are being contested, but when someone min raises you heads up, you really need to pause and think about it. Boondy elects to smooth call, but obviously in his mind if that is committing him to the hand, then he probably should have just shoved. I don't know, I'm going to think about this more, it shows how deep stack poker is a whole other beast unto itself. If on the flop Boondy folds to the min raise, he still has 600K plus and plenty of chips to keep the match going.

BBT3 resumes tonight with the MATH, password as always is hammer.



2BA

1 comment:

KajaPoker said...

If I got min-raised like that I would think I was up against a set. same thing happened in the NBC heads up when the Stars qualifier played Phil Ivey and he had AA to her KK. Coolerville.