Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend wrapup

Friday night as I already posted, I managed a victory in the Blonkament. I haven't calculated how much the victory actually netted me, since I had a ton of rebuys again, but I'm sure I squeaked out a small profit. BTW - one of the nice things about this tournament, is that after the rebuy hour, most of the players are very deep stacked. So if you want to get some play in deep stack poker play, this is a very good tournament to hone your skills.

Yesterday, my plans to move my folks ran into some hiccups, so that left me open to play in some of the Sunday tournaments. Most notably the FTOPS main event. I played a whole bunch of satty's leading up to the tournament, and was able to grab a seat in one of the $75 multi's, which paid a whole bunch of seats. I also managed to nab a couple of seats in my fav SuperTurbo's, so it was a nice little profit.

That unfortunately was the highlight for me as far as the FTOPS ME is concerned. About 15 min, I got involved in a hand, which I got stacked on. This even though I had repeatedly told myself """DON'T GET STACKED EARLY WITHOUT THE FUCKING NUTS!!!!"

I may have to write that down a million times or so, maybe it will sink in. Here's the hand in all it's glory:



I definitely think I could have played it differently. I could have just called the Turn instead of raising for one, ESPECIALLY since I remember thinking " this guy could have bullets'!!!!!

I tell you, my play in the last 3 FTOPS ME have been horrible. Last FTOPS, I also busted 15 min, after flopping top Boat, only to get rivered by a straight Flush. Of course that was just a bad beat, but nevertheless, I was out early.

I don't remember the dudes name, but there is a pro who seems to always bust out of the WSOP main event in the first hour every year. So he took to reading a book, and not playing any hands for the first hour. Of course he got AA, and played it, and lost! So I feel like the equivalent of that guy when it comes to the FTOPS ME!

Incidentally, a player by the name of HALFREK won the ME. What is truly amazing, is that this guy took down the $1k FTOPS buyin also, so this dude won over $800k in one week. Pretty damn good. As an aside, I've played this guy heads up, and my notes are that he is a moron.....I may have to revisit that! lol

George aka Loretta8's Sunday heads up tournament debut last night. I hope he keeps it going, I really like the HU shootout format. There were 40 runner's, so it led to to some of the bloggers getting a bye in the first round. The downside was that these guys had to start with 1500 chips, to their opponents 3000. I see the reasoning, but I don't think it really makes for a true test of everyone's HU skills. The guys who were short, were obv at a disadvantage. I think the problem was we went over 32, so you have to make sure you get down to a number that will divide all the way down to 2. Not sure how to resolve this, maybe you got to cap it at 32? At any rate, some guy I don't recall seeing won the event, I think his SN was WarriorsXXX, so congrats to him. I managed to make it to the round of 8, and was lucky enough to draw the only other big stack in the host himself. We had a decent a match, until I decided to semi bluff into his nut boat, and that was the end of that.

Finally, this will be the last week of the BBT3. Tonight's game is Mondays at the Hoy. Last chances to win a TOC seat, so everyone come on out!

2BA

4 comments:

OhCaptain said...

I agree with you about the donkament. After the rebuy, the tournament actually gets fun and you get to play some good, deep stack poker.

KajaPoker said...

Halfrek won the 1K and 2.5K two day event. not the ME. still, so sick.

Bayne_S said...

I don't think you can really expect to fold 2nd set in NLHE online.

poker game said...

The free poker games are too tough, unless you are playing at a totally worthless limit. Don’t fool yourself with a sprint of good luck in the beginning, before the other players judge any sense of your play.